As a photographer, there are just some sessions you absolutely can NOT wait to get home and download onto your computer. In our home. . . sometimes we delay dinners because of this very excitement. THIS session was absolutely one of those times. This girl totally and completely rocked her shoot. She was the epitome of comfortable in front of the camera! After looking over her images a million times to try and decide which to display on FaceBook, we thought it was necessary to showcase some of her images on our blog. Good luck with your senior year, Danielle. Oh and, by the way, you MIGHT, just might have a career in modeling! ENJOY!! 🙂
Being a photographer is a funny thing. You LOVE pictures yet, typically, you don’t have many of yourself (because you’re behind the camera). This is something I’ve always tried to overcome. . . so many photographers complain they don’t have pictures of their family and that is definitely not the case for Jesse and I—thanks to my amazing dad! Although, in my case, I have a MILLION pictures and NEVER get around to editing them. This was the very FIRST time I actually edited through an entire session of personal images. Honestly, I had no choice—Dad went so above and beyond to make our 1st Anniversary shoot out of this world! It has got to be some of my favorite images! So naturally, I wanted to share and totally brag on my incredibly talented father! Thanks again Dad, for images [location, angles, creativity] that most could only dream of. 🙂
**Sidenote: This past year has been something out of my wildest dreams. God could not have created a more perfect man in my life. Our first year of marriage was compiled of many things: love, friendship, growth, learning and compromise. He finally puts his dirty clothes in the laundry hamper instead of our living room floor. . life is good. 🙂
As most of you that follow us are already aware. . . we don’t typically blog. Honestly, we don’t have the time it takes to keep up a successful blog! But after this session, we just KNEW we had to blog her session. Carly is one of those girls you click with right away–therefore, her pictures are completely natural and REAL. She’s also one of those creative-types that totally has the perfect style and look in front of the camera. AND on top of all that, she’s one of our senior spokesmodels so she is even that much more special to us! 🙂
Carly, you are beautiful on the inside and out. We are blessed to know you and have your face represented through our company! When you make it big in the modeling world, please don’t forget us. 😉
So. . . don’t get used to it but here are a few favorites from her session. Enjoy!!!
Use this link to access our senior rep application: Click here to apply NOW!
Are you ready for it. . . yep, it’s true, we are now taking applications for our 2012 senior reps! Crazy to think about 2012 already, right? Well, if you’re curious or are ready to be a rep for d-Squared read the info below!
A few questions you may have:
What is a Senior Rep?
A Senior Rep (rep stands for representative!) is a current high school junior, who will be graduating in 2012, that is going to help promote d-Squared Designs to all their friends and classmates. Our hope is that once your friends see what we can do – they are going to come to us for their pictures! Only three students from each Columbia, MO high school will be selected to be senior reps for d-Squared Designs.
What are the advantages of being a d-Squared Senior Rep?
Thanks for asking! Here is what we are offering our 2011 Senior Reps:
- One free photo session that will last no longer than two hours (including travel time). Bring as many changes of clothes as you like.
- One DVD containing a web version of the BEST photos from your shoot. You can post these on MySpace or FaceBook. They will be stamped with our logo.
- Two 8×10 photos.
- Photographs featured on our website, FaceBook page and blog.
- 25-50 Senior Rep cards (business card size) with your picture on it – and our contact information. This is what you will pass out to your friends when they say, “I LOVE your photos – who took them?” Each senior that comes in with one of your cards receives free wallets! Each card of yours that is brought in also gets YOU a discount on future purchases.
And what about the rules?
- We will need your parent’s permission.
- You will also need to sign a model release so that we can use your picture in advertising.
- You will pinky swear to promote us, and ONLY us, positively and all of the awesomeness that we are. You can’t be a rep for us if you are a rep for another studio.
- You must be a senior graduating in 2012.
What do I need to do to become a Senior Rep?
- Just fill out the application below – and if you’ve made the cut, we will contact you!
How does d-Squared choose their Senior Reps?
It depends on what students we believe will whole-heartedly represent d-Squared. Please don’t be upset if you’re not chosen. It’s nothing personal – we still love you!
So what are you waiting for? Fill out the application below. Be sure to have a picture of yourself on your computer!
Use this link to access our senior rep application: Click here to apply NOW!
Please only submit if you are serious about being a senior rep.
July 10, 2010 will go down in memory and in history…at least for a few hundred people in Central Missouri. It was the day in history that Kyla Turner and Ryan Seever chose to exchange wedding vows and publically proclaim their love and committment to each other. It was also a day that we, at d-Squared designs will have many memories of for sometime to come. We knew from the engagement photo session with Ryan and Kyla that their wedding day would be entertaining and provide ample opportunities for some great shots.
Well, we certainly weren’t disappointed. A wedding held in the vineyards overlooking the Missouri River provided some spectacular shots with enough variety to keep both photographers happy and eager to keep shooting. Kyla and Ryan’s wedding was a great time and we’re anxious to work our way through all the images of the entire day. Here are a few of the pictures to whet your appetite and don’t forget to check back for other shots.
Anytime we are blessed to work with one of our customers, we end up humbled and sometimes on our knees thanking our dear Lord in heaven for letting us be a part of our client’s lives. Being a design business, we always do a little bit of everything. . .
The past few weeks have been extremely busy with photography AND design! It all started off with the Rock Bridge Dance Team memory book. We have custom designed a softbound book for the dance team capturing all the special memories over the past year. The book arrives this week and after delivery to the dance team, we will definitely be showing it off!
With graduation only a month away, we were blessed to design two special lady’s graduation invitations. Hayley and Grace!
On top of these few projects, throw in a few engagement sessions (which were a total blast!). Once these few projects were over, we started on Dana Purkey’s wedding album. She provided us with the pictures, we are providing her with a custom designed album for her to cherish forever.
In the midst of working on Dana’s album. . . an unexpected client came into our lives. Christina, a co-worker of Casey’s, called one evening and asked if we could help. Immediately, the answer was “yes,” Casey rarely says “no.” Christina explained that a friend’s baby had recently passed and the parents were in the middle of planning the funeral when they realized the church didn’t help with programs or slide shows. Of course, Christina being the friend we know her to be, thought of our business and told the parents about our work. Casey rushed over to the couple’s home to gather all information we would need (pictures, wording, songs, etc). The next day Millers Professional Imaging Lab in Columbia, MO was contacted to help out. They were able to print the programs that afternoon (one-day turn around folks!). The slide show was complete. . . the programs were printed. . . everything was on time and ready for the funeral. I tell you this story for two reasons:
1. God is so good. He truly is. After having the chance to help this unexpected couple during their very hard/difficult situation, His love never ceases to amaze us. Of course, we can’t imagine or even understand losing a child but even in the midst of sorrow, He helps us find one another in comfort and grace. Christina’s mother is a realtor in town and actually sold us our home 8 years ago. A year ago, Casey began working with her and as a result of that relationship, d-Squared Designs got to meet this wonderful couple and be a part of their lives to help them in time of need. God has a plan… I’m sure you are thinking, “Well, yes, I already know this,” but it’s amazing to see His work play out in front of you. Doing this baby’s funeral program for this family was NOT an easy task! It pulled on heart-strings and brought emotions to us that were completely unexpected. In the end, we met some outstanding people whom we never would have come in contact with before and became stronger people in the process. If you have a moment, please say a prayer for this family for comfort and guidance in this deeply troubling time.
2. If you are a photographer and don’t use Millers/MPIX. . . get on board immediately! They are a fantastic publishing company and our recent experience with them on this project just demonstrates that their customer service far exceeds any other company we have worked with!
We are so glad God has a plan for our business and is showing us everyday what He has in store! 🙂
We had the privilege of shooting the Engagement pictures of a very lovely couple this week. Kayla and Ryan chose us last Fall to be their photographer and design team for their upcoming wedding in July. We’ve been waiting all winter to do their Engagement pictures….and the day finally arrived. We’ve shared a few of the shots from our time together with you in this post.
Tuesday began as a beautiful Spring day in Central Missouri and we were anxious for late afternoon to arrive for the appointed time. We met Kayla and Ryan at our agreed upon location to begin the shoot. They had previously shared with us some of their hobbies and interests….and we felt this location would be a perfect starting point for the session. We were not disappointed!